Moved Blog Site to Alohanoelle.Substack.com

Indoneisa- Belitung

A scenic anchorage with granite rocks similar to the ones in Virgin Gorda, BVI, on a much smaller scale.  Not pictured are the 100's of flies who decided Illimite was a much better home than the island.  Egads! We ate out 3 nights in a row as I could not deal with the flies all over our food. Here the cost of food is cheap, when we eat out we spend $15 for the 2 of us and that includes beers.

We have been in Indonesia for 20 days and every day it is nearly 100 degrees, it cools down to 85 at night.  Florida friends I am sure you can relate, but not really, there is NO AC anywhere here to find reprieve.  My new AC is taking a quick shower and not toweling off.

Shopping in the local markets "pasar traditicional" is a cultural event, I loose my appetite every time, but I have to get over the flies and filth, a girls got to eat!   The locals in the market do not speak English, I have gotten used to confidently picking things I have no clue what it is, I either ask for a kilo (satu kilo) or grab a bunch of whatever and than try to figure our how much the vendor is asking for.   This trip we tried new things, a sticky rice and vegetable mixture shaped like a cone wrapped in a banana leaf and some leafy  greens, and Tempe Indonesian fermented beans.    I am so over labeling things, I just sniff, wash, taste, and cook.... So far so good.



anemone fish



Chickens below butcher above.  IT is hard to not loose your appetite

Not sure if he is making coconut cream or ?


Let's hope she's not on the menu



Comments