Moved Blog Site to Alohanoelle.Substack.com

SavuSavu.... Full Moon, Bats, Shopping & Food

We stayed on a mooring ball while in Savusavu.   We were fortunate and got to see an epic display of nature on the evening of the full moon.   We saw swarms of the Fiji Fruit Bat, launching from the trees during the full moon rise.  

Bats are the only native mammals in Fiji.


Hundreds of Fruit Bats launching from the mangrove island.





In the city there were some fireworks and than a parade with dancing...




Shopping at the market, I am purchasing Jack Fruit.


Here is my first attempt at BBQ Jackfruit,, I made it into spring rolls and it was great! (Brad Whidden,,,check this out!) 

I am blessed with an awesome blender (thanks to Gary), and I have figured out the greens to buy in the market (it takes a lot of time to wash, pull leaves and dry,, but who is complaining??)  Finally Green Smoothies!  Missing my Garden of Life Flax and Chia seeds : ( 


I am getting spoiled with Sushi,, delicious tuna with brown rice sushi rolls.


Comments